Moshe Heinemann: A matzah that is completely white on both sides should not be used, since it may not have been thoroughly baked. Matzah meal should be slightly brown in color, which indicates a better bake on the matzos that were used for the matzah meal.

AI Overview: Hieroglyphics from 4,600 years ago show that Egyptians viewed mushrooms as a sacred gift of immortality reserved only for royalty.



WIKIPEDIA: According to the Bible, Galilee was named by the Israelites and was the tribal region of Naphthali and Dan, at times overlapping the Tribe of Asher's land.


👩👨👨👨🏿👨🏿👩🏿

Bnei Bilhah are of an ancient origin. In the Hebrew migratory tradition begun more than two millennia ago, an Israeli remnant migrated into Africa with many Danites from Northeast Africa migrating back to their tribal allocations in Israel, such as Tel Aviv, besides emerging Naphtalite communities throughout Mainland Africa, including Levitical Islanders from Haiti, Jamaica, and Madagascar, as well as a Mixed Multitude comprising the African Diaspora from the United States of America settling Southwest of the Sea of Galilee.

እሑድ

The Patchwork Project

"Tell me about your experience/upbringing as a Filipino Jew and the challenges you have confronted as a Jew of Color?"

Shalom Akira-Sensei,

I prefer to share timely personal information, so I've reserved relevant links with regard to my background - readily available - which you are more than free to peruse, dissect, and inquire about: especially in person.

With that, I'm a batman, generally. Ima was the primary nurse for New Square's Rebbitzen in the 1980s (I distinctly recall her smiling and waving from her bedside. The neighborhood Orthodox children reminded me of the kids in Quezon City, Philippines, as a child. I'm not sure who threw stones at me anymore.).

Ima worked the night shift for many, many years. I think I've inherited her insomnia, in that regard. I take short naps during the day. I suppose I can wake up on time for mid-day prayers more often, actually...

Ima really was quite beautiful in her innocence and long, ebony locks, upon immigrating Stateside. We don't talk much to one another these days. A silent, bitter recognition. And her hair has had the appearance of a Sheitel, since (she's a cancer survivor).

I'm still growing up in Bahay Shalom, where being a Philipinoy-Ephraiymit is a work-in-progress, much like an impending marriage: loneliness - a memory album of loved ones my only companion - until a Ketubah exchange at the altar.

But I love the company of birds - from sparrows to duchifat to ravens to doves to eagles to twitterim=)

Ibenim

In Honor of Aliza Hausman's Inquistiviteness

I worked as a Mental Health Worker in Westchester, New York (home to Professor Xavier's Shul for Gifted Youngsters) - when I'd have a smoke during lunch breaks. Remember the time, when the concentration camps were finally liberated? When the prisoners were given cigarettes by the soldiers: and ravaged them, they were so famished? One day, I realized I had no matches left in my book. Since Filipinim are known to scavenge for food in shantytowns, I naturally bowed my head, my vision cast to the ground, the periphery about me, dejected. Like Abba. Suddenly, I notice a bird land on the stairs leading up to the entrance of the youth ward. I observed it, as it pecked away, knocking on the concrete - weeds and tiny sticks and leaves, rustling. Instinctively, the bird took flight, when I noticed a single, unlit match buried among the thorns.



Kumah Aba,

Eliyahu-Akhi

http://www.youtube.com/generationsackcloth
http://www.youtube.com/piyyutim

http://www.youtube.com/generationsackcloth
http://www.youtube.com/piyyutim

Israeli Flag Title: Bambi ben Naphtali (Created with ChatGPT) 🦌