BS”D
Respectfully,
I wonder what would happen if burgeoning Jewish diasporic communities were to make their presence more pronounced in Arab neighborhoods in Israel. I mean, they are, when it comes to orientating olim, but I’m talking about Jews of Color defending Yesh’a for a change, instead of Ashkenasim, who are carrying the burden of world criticism, besides tilling the soil. Having B’nei Menashe and Chabashim, or even Overseas Workers from Asia and Africa, thwarting Arab incitement would take away the racist card that often fuels anti-Semitism. Although I appreciate philanthropic specs and Speilberg-esque documentaries of Ethiopian Jews and Kaifeng Jews hugging at Ben Gurion Airport, I haven’t seen enough coverage of JoCs with chutzpah, once they are acclimated to Israeli life. I’m sure there is a remnant of Asian and African Israelis with exceptional muscle and brains worth noting. Were Jews of Color highlighted more in the struggle to settle Eretz Yisra’el, the world would think twice before opening their big mouths.
Speaking of JOCS, INR has an archived audio installment from this week entitled, Proud Jews of Color